RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

March 1st, 2017, 11:55 AM
mcbsys

Hi,

I'm using CommitCRM 5.2.0.3. One of my customers has set a monthly spending limit. I set up a Block of Money contract so I will get a warning when they exceed this limit, and I made the contract the default for the customer. However, when I create charges on the contract, the charges appear as Not Billable by default (I have to check "Billable" to get them to bill). How can I set it to make the charges Billable by default?

Thanks,

Mark

March 1st, 2017, 12:02 PM
Support Team

Charges logged under a Block of Money contract default to not billable because the customer usually prepays for the Block and therefor the Charges that are logged against it simply reduce the block value preventing you from double charging the customer, e.g. for the Contract/Block itself and for the charges that are logged under this block. This is by design and you cannot change it.

Hope this helps.

March 1st, 2017, 12:22 PM
mcbsys

If the Block of Money won't work for this purpose, how do I set an alert threshold so that I know when I am approaching an agreed (but not prepaid) spending limit?

March 1st, 2017, 12:27 PM
Support Team

You would probably want to track it using reports. With version 15 you could use the new Statistics tab per Account, there you can add a statistic box that shows you the total amount of billable Charges logged for the account for a specific date range, like 'this month'. You can have a look at some related screenshots here Statistics tab (scroll down).

Hope this helps.

March 1st, 2017, 01:35 PM
mcbsys

That Statistics link does not work in Firefox due to an incorrectly configured website (SSL issue). I was able to see it using HTTP instead of HTTPS.

Yes, the statistics tab might help, but what I really want is the popup when creating or saving a charge, like I get now when I exceed a Block of Money.

March 1st, 2017, 01:41 PM
Support Team

Link fixed. Thanks. The popup is there for the Block of Money, it isn't meant for a theoretic customer spending limits but rather for a real block that is managed and tracked. Anyway, the tab should be very useful as well.

Hope this helps.