RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

November 29th, 2017, 05:35 PM
g@gp4pc

Hi all

Is there anything in particular in relation to how we use CommitCRM that we should be aware of for GDPR compliance?

Regards
GP

November 30th, 2017, 06:03 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

Assuming that you refer to being able to delete the customer data/history from RangerMSP, then this can be done.

Subject to user privileges, it is possible to delete the customer Account after deleting all records linked to this account (i.e. Tickets, Charges, History Notes etc).

There is also an option to delete multiple Tickets at once that may save some time in deleting the data.

Hope this helps.

November 30th, 2017, 09:59 AM
g@gp4pc

Can you give me some further details on this please?
I went to the customer account, clicked on history, but do I then have to write down all the ticket numbers in order to go back and delete them from the tickets, or is there a quicker way?

As for the security of the data backup files being backed up and stored off-site, how secure are the actaul data files? I see the backup just makes a compreesed folder of all the data folders within.

November 30th, 2017, 01:44 PM
Support Team

You should probably filter the tickets list by account (e.g. for that customer) when browsing tickets in the main Tickets list/window (e.g. not the tickets tab under account). Then, use the Ticket batch delete options (from the Tickets drop-down menu) in order to delete up to 30 tickets at at time. Tickets can be deleted when they do not have charges that been sent to your accounting system.

Backups - in case you need to secure them you can use any external file encryption utility for this, and also store them in a place where only the relevant people have access to.