RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

February 1st, 2018, 07:09 PM
lpopejoy

Feature request here.

Somehow I would like a tickets that have been responded to POST completion to get thrown into a different status or something.

The whole “inbox” concept just is not flowing well - it just doesn’t fit into the work flow very well. I wonder how others are solving this problem.

Thanks for considering and any input!

February 2nd, 2018, 06:12 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting and suggesting this. As you mentioned, such tickets are pushed to the Inbox without their status getting changed (as the customer might have just replied with "Thank you!".) and this should't open the Ticket, so instead it pushes it to the Inbox. In any case the requirement here is clear and will be considered.

February 2nd, 2018, 06:37 AM
lpopejoy

I appreciate the consideration. I hope you understand. Maybe the "inbox" mechanism could work - but somehow the UI doesn't lend itself to clicking on that. Then it is further complicated because API updated tickets show up there. Somehow it doesn't "flow" well with the ticket module UI. Maybe a "#" there in red (kind of like an Outlook mail indicator) would help draw attention to it. The other issue is that it isn't immediately obvious "WHAT" was updated - like why is the ticket in the inbox to begin with? Plus tickets remain in the inbox even after a tech has clearly opened the ticket and interfaced with it - so you end up needing to look at the same tickets twice.

February 2nd, 2018, 08:52 AM
Support Team

Thank you for the additional input. This is a challenging topic and we'll definitely spend time evaluating what changes may help.

February 2nd, 2018, 08:59 AM
lpopejoy

Thanks as always!

February 6th, 2018, 04:19 PM
nattivillin

A user replying to a closed ticket, especially one from umpteen months ago is the bane of this system. There is no "smooth" way to handle this.

I agree we don't want the ticket reopened, but there has to be something better than the ticket inbox.

For some reason it isn't enough of an attention grabber, and often gets missed.

February 6th, 2018, 04:43 PM
lpopejoy

Just curious. Why wouldn’t you want it reopened? That’s the way ConnectWise works. Not that it matters, just saying I think that’s a standard way to handle.

Maybe if the inbox was reinvented there could be hope for it.

February 8th, 2018, 09:33 PM
nattivillin

Most of the replies are not related to their ticket. Mostly thank-yous, or they found this ticket in their deleted item and replied to it about a totally different issue.

I would like to be able to set a timer like after X weeks or days, it tells them, this ticket is closed, please open a new ticket.

February 28th, 2018, 04:27 PM
scoplin

I get replies to closed tickets going to the manager's email. It's that tech's responsibility to punt that ticket back over to dispatch to get action on it. It's not a perfect system, but it's how we work around it at the moment.

April 4th, 2018, 08:15 AM
nattivillin

Can we set the manager that receives any said replies to closed tickets?

April 4th, 2018, 10:46 AM
Support Team

Customer replies for closed tickets are distributed in the same way as the ones for open tickets and they are sent to users based on the Email Recipients setting defined under the Tools > Options > Tickets-2 tab. so, the exact same manager will receive the notification.