RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

August 17th, 2017, 07:43 AM
rtwtech

I have CommitCRM installed on my office Windows 2016 server.

I have a Windows 10 PC in my office that I connect to while out and about.

When I try to start CommitCRM while connected into my Windows 10 computer, it brings up the message about running the program using "remote control technologies" and will not launch.

I am not trying to run it remotely and am running it all from my office network. The only way to get beyond that is run launch the CommitCRM app before I leave and then I can connect vai remote desktop and use it.

Is there any way to get beyond that?

August 17th, 2017, 07:54 AM
Support Team

To use RangerMSP in your LAN you need to create a desktop shortcut to file:

<your-server>\RangerMSP\Client\RangerMSP.exe

Note that from client PCs on your LAN users must have all access rights and all privileges to the entire RangerMSP folder tree on the server.

Now, to use RangerMSP over RDP / Terminal Services /etc. even to your PC - unlike direct via the LAN - you need to run on top of the SQL database for RangerMSP.

SQL offers many other benefits, such as it supports taking live backups, e.g. backup of the data while the system is in use, it makes your system faster and more robust.

In any case, we can provide you with a special trial for SQL that will work with your existing RangerMSP system. Please drop us an email - support@... - and we'll provide you with all details.

Hope this helps.

August 17th, 2017, 08:08 AM
rtwtech

I do have the shortcut set that way, and it still displays the message.

The program launches normally if I am not connected to my Windows 10 computer via remote desktop but right at the console. That message is displayed and must be detecting that I am connected via remote desktop, even though its on the same LAN.

Is there an additional cost to be able to run that way? I'm a one man shop at this point, trying to keep costs reasonable.

Thanks.

August 17th, 2017, 08:20 AM
Support Team

Thanks. Please zip your \RangerMSP\Logs file and email it back to us. We want to verify that the cause for this error is what we think it is. Thanks!

August 17th, 2017, 09:43 AM
rtwtech

Thanks. Just emailed logs to support@

August 24th, 2017, 02:11 PM
scoplin

When you remote to your Windows 10 PC, are you using something like LMI or Teamviewer or RDP to the desktop? If RDP, this will be what you get. Commit detects it's running from an RDP desktop. If you LMI to your computer, it will use the local "console" and will run normally.