RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

March 2nd, 2017, 01:26 PM
scoplin

When I try to print preview any of my charge reports, I get access violations with riched20.dll. After clicking ok to a ton of messages, I eventually get a single page with a single ticket on it. When I close out of the preview, I get more of the same errors. I have to force quit CommitCRM and relaunch it to get it back to normal. Has anyone else hit this issue?

Edit: CommitCRM 14.0.0.2.

March 2nd, 2017, 01:37 PM
Support Team

We are not familiar with this issue and have never received other reports on this. The riched20.dll is not a part of the RangerMSP system itself so I suspect that something is wrong with this file. Did you try generating the same report from another PC? Does this happen with other reports too or only with Charge reports? We will also be happy to review your RangerMSP log files though I doubt that they'll include anything related due to the fact that it's an external dll, but maybe... Hope this helps.

March 2nd, 2017, 02:00 PM
scoplin

Strange. This is happening both on my Commit server (2012 R2) and workstation (10 Enterprise), so I don't think it's computer specific.

First error: http://imgur.com/8gUnnhO

Second Error: http://imgur.com/KUX5YEH

I am running a filter based on account and work type, but even when not having that selected, I get the same thing.

This is the snip from my log. I can attach the file to an support email if needed.

33.TDatTreeFrm DatTreeFrm 0
34.TLabelsSelectFrm LabelsSelectFrm 0 Label selection
35.TDatGenFilterSelectionFrm DatGenFilterSelectionFrm_3 0 DatGenFilterSelectionFrm

[03/02/2017 14:57:3:111 v14.0.0.2 ** 28022017_124336_116_440428 ]
Sender_Class=TppRichEdit
Sender_Name=
Sender_Info= Unit - ppRichTxDrwCmd.
Sender_Parent=
Exception_Class=EAccessViolation 0
Exception_Msg=Access violation at address 65756A5B in module 'riched20.dll'. Read of address 00000437
Forms_E=ActiveForm:TMessageForm ActiveControl:TButton OK StdCtrls
--
0.TMessageForm 1 Information
1.TppPrintPreview ppPrintPreview 1 Print Preview
2.TDatRGenerateForm DatRGenerateForm 1 Charge Details Report

This is the screenshot of process monitor when it tries to access the file. Looks like it's MS Office related.
http://imgur.com/Pjxfa7p

I'm still searching on this thing.

Edit: I have Office 2016 installed on both.

March 2nd, 2017, 04:58 PM
lpopejoy

Interesting error. Did you try doing an online repair of Office?

March 2nd, 2017, 05:44 PM
scoplin

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. I ran an online repair and now my reports print preview with no issues.

March 2nd, 2017, 05:46 PM
lpopejoy

Lol. I've got my own scars from not doing an online repair sooner. Glad it helped. :)