RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

February 15th, 2017, 09:05 PM
HavenZone

It would be really helpful if like assets there was a db of passwords for each client. We looked at using something like structured notes but its useless if you have a large number of passwords.

In the account there should be a tab for passwords. Each record under that tab could user four or five fields.

Name : UserName : Password : URL : Notes

This would be great to let the techs access the passwords for things like servers, routers or other network devices or web sites used by the client... Right now we use Team Password manager for this. It works well but it doesn't let us share the information with the client who owns the equipment. If it were in CommitCRM and the client had web access they could look at all of the information about the account.

February 16th, 2017, 06:03 AM
Support Team

Thank you for suggesting this. Your feedback is noted and will be considered.

(Update from Support Team: the Password Manager was introduced in version 16.)

February 20th, 2017, 04:18 PM
dmcomputing

Same here - I want to use CommitCRM for tracking Office 365 passwords and also tried structured notes / configuration notes but this is very unwieldy.
We currently store all of this information in excel sheets which is not ideal.

February 21st, 2017, 06:04 AM
Support Team

Thank you. Noted.

February 23rd, 2017, 07:15 PM
nattivillin

+1 for a passwords tab. But it has to be encrypted in the database with an audit trail!!!

The tab shouldn't show you any passwords until you hit show password. Then it logs this in the audit trail as a view. I don't want the audit trail tracking random tab hits.

If a user changes something, this gets logged as a change, and if a password is deleted it shows as deleted.

I should easily be able to control who can see passwords, and at various levels. Like servers, network equipment, or workstations. Let me see my own levels with granular controls.

I should also be able to control who can see the password history. Maybe i want tier III to be able to see what the password was 8 months ago.

February 23rd, 2017, 08:38 PM
aaspeer

+1 From us too! I really don't like having to switch between tools anymore. It would be nice to have everything under one system. (we currently use CommitCRM and SIPortal)

February 24th, 2017, 06:06 AM
Support Team

Thank you. We have logged your feedback.

March 4th, 2017, 12:08 PM
ericjmail

+100 from us

March 5th, 2017, 08:45 AM
swildow

+1

March 8th, 2017, 12:59 PM
scoplin

+1 currently using LastPass and we make use of the mobile feature of that and secure notes