RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

August 31st, 2016, 04:08 PM
Lampson_sec

We use team gantt for project planning and management. They have planned for a client-facing API for their 2017 feature roadmap.

Obviously this would require some substantial development to tie together both products, but I'd be curious if any other partners out there are using both products, and would be interested in exploring a joint API development project in the future.

Thanks!

January 11th, 2017, 06:35 PM
i2pinc

Hi Paul,

We might be interested in that. Do you have any development done or anything planned yet? What is your idea about integrating with CommitCRM exactly?

January 12th, 2017, 02:36 PM
lpopejoy

I would be interested in exploring what you need in CommitCRM to enable you to dump teamgantt. I hate multiple silos of information.

I agree that Commit's project management features are weak, but it would be interesting exploring what exactly needs to happen to make them better.

...and sorry, not trying to hijack your thread.... :)

January 12th, 2017, 05:49 PM
Lampson_sec

i2pinc - No plans yet, mostly about tying notifications, and also integrating ticket or tasks so users only have to enter descriptions in one place.

lpopejoy - That would be an even better solution! If my PM software was also my PSA/CRM I would be thrilled! There's a couple things we like about Teamgantt that CommitCRM just doesn't do:

1) a very low learning curve drag/drop interface for building project gantt charts that allow pre-requisites and milestones. Also creating printed or PDF project charts.

2) allow our clients a logon to both visually view progress, and also update tasks they have been assigned (also useful to show a client where they "volunteered" to take over parts of a project, and it is holding up the show)

3) Very robust web-interface, so it is client/connection agnostic.

4) if task progress/completion % could be tied right to a CommitCRM ticket/task/project, that would be killer!

January 13th, 2017, 07:10 AM
lpopejoy

To summarize, I think the ability to take complex project and lay it out graphically is extremely helpful. I would love to see that capacity come into CommitCRM.

It seems that we keep hitting a road block with communication, tracking, and scheduling of projects. There are tickets that have info, a contract that has info, the original quote that has info.

I know these are complex development projects, but it would sure be nice if project management could get some love on the dev side.